Three Bean & Bulgur Vegetarian Chili
By Sara Cole, Triad to Wellness Intern
- 1 ½ cup water
- ¾ cup bulgur
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium red bell pepper diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper diced
- 1 cup frozen roasted corn
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans
- 1 can (15 oz) pinto beans
- 1 can (15 oz) kidney beans
- 1 can (28 oz) fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- ½ tablespoon paprika
- ½ tablespoon dried oregano
- 2+ teaspoon hot sauce
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Bring water to a boil. Add salt and bulgur. Remove from heat and let sit covered for 20 minutes.
- Sauté onion in large pot until translucent (about 10 minutes). Add garlic and cook for additional 30 seconds.
- Add peppers, corn, beans, tomatoes, vegetable broth, tomato paste, chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano, hot sauce, and cilantro, to pot. Bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add bulgur and lime juice and continue to heat for 10 minutes
- Optional: Garnish with fresh cilantro and avocado.
Disclosure: This recipe was created for our client SunnylandMills