Our delicious Roasted Cilantro Lime Chicken is the prefect meal to make when you want to have an easy dinner with very little hassle! With fresh flavor profiles, decadent aromas, and rich nutritional content, this easy one-pan meal is sure to end your day on a happy note. Not only is this a great recipe for dinner, but it also makes amazing leftovers so you can continue to enjoy this delicious creation for lunch the next day.
This recipe provides you with some fabulous nutrition from the sweet potatoes, which provide you with an excellent source of vitamins A, C, B6, manganese, copper, biotin, potassium, and fiber. Research has even shown that eating sweet potatoes can potentially help with blood sugar regulation, due to the amount of fiber present within the vegetable itself (1). So, the next time you want to switch up your dinner menu, go ahead and enjoy this easy, healthy, and delicious dinner! Hopefully, it’s something you and your family will love.
Roasted Cilantro Lime Chicken with Sweet Potatoes and Cauliflower
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped + 2 cilantro sprigs
- 1 lime, juiced
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 3-4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon cumin (optional)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 head cauliflower cut in florets
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 - 5” sweet potatoes sliced ⅓ inch with skin on
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place parchment paper on a half sheet pan.
- In a gallon size Ziploc bag or shallow container add 2 tablespoons olive oil, 3 tablespoons cilantro, lime juice, sea salt and garlic and mix together.
- Add the chicken to the olive oil mixture and coat well. Refrigerate while you prepare the cauliflower and sweet potatoes.
- In a separate bowl or Ziploc bag, add 2 tablespoons olive oil, turmeric, cumin and garlic powder. Mix together, then add the cauliflower florets and coat them with the olive oil mixture. Set aside.
- Grease half the parchment paper with coconut oil. Arrange sweet potatoes on ½ sheet pan.
- Remove chicken from the marinade and place it on top of the sweet potatoes.
- On the other half of the sheet pan place the cauliflower.
- Roast for 35-40 minutes until browned and an internal temperature of 165 F. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Once chicken & cauliflower is plated, sprinkle cinnamon on top of the sweet potatoes.
- Optional: place the sweet potatoes under the broiler for a few minutes to brown them.
You can prepare double the amount of chicken to use over salads, or shredded in quesadillas, tacos or sandwiches. You can also easily prepare double the cauliflower to use in salads.
Calories: 420 calories, Fat: 20 grams, Saturated fat: 6 grams, Carbohydrates: 30 grams, Sugar: 7 grams, Sodium: 310 milligrams, Fiber: 6 grams, Protein: 31 grams, Cholesterol: 73 milligrams
(1) Sweet Potatoes. The World’s Healthiest Foods. http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=64