Perfect for a chilly day, our Macaccino hot chocolate is the ideal way to cozy up and stay warm. You can even pair this hot chocolate with our Chocolate Hazelnut Crispies or Almond Apricot Cacao Bites for a fun and decadent afternoon snack! To amp up the flavors even more, top this drink off with some cinnamon to enhance the cacao flavors.
We love how easy it is to make this Maccacino hot chocolate, as there is no brewing involved. All you need to add is water to get a delicious, plant-based drink! Macaccino has perfected the art of mixing hand-roasted Peruvian maca root with other organic superfood ingredients to create the world’s most delectable maca-based energy drinks. The energy-boosting qualities of maca root fuel every powerful cup of Macaccino. Join the many and see what switching to maca-based superfood energy can do for your life. The perfect way to try out the Macaccino power is to make this amazing hot chocolate–experience for yourself the all day-long energy without the jitters and crashes of coffee. Enjoy!
Macaccino Hot Chocolate
- 1 tablespoon Macaccino black reserve (or your favorite blend)
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- ¼ cup coffee creamer or coconut whipped cream (optional)
- Ground cinnamon, for garnishing (optional)
- Whisk or frother
- Place ½ tablespoon Macaccino blend, ½ tablespoon cacao powder, ½ teaspoon vanilla extract and 1 teaspoon maple syrup in one mug and mix with a spoon.
- Add 9 ounces of hot water, stir or whisk ingredients well. (see note if using a frother)
- Top with coffee creamer or coconut whipped cream, and cinnamon, if desired.
*We recommend using an aerolatte frother
. When using this, make sure that the water or milk is heated to 140 degrees F.; do not boil. Insert the frother close to the bottom of the base, switch it on, and slowly move the frother around the perimeter of the mug for 15-20 seconds.
*The Magical Mint and the Original Macaccino blends both have cacao powder in them.
*Add more cacao to increase the chocolate flavor.
Serving size: 8 ounces Calories: 82 calories, Fat: 3 grams, Saturated fat: 2 grams, Carbohydrates: 11 grams, Sugar: 7 grams, Sodium: 2 milligrams, Fiber: 2 grams, Protein: 1 gram, Cholesterol: 0 milligrams