Enjoy our kale, fennel and sorghum salad for a delicious & nourishing lunch or dinner.
Kale, Fennel and Sorghum Salad
- 1 small lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups of kale finely chopped
- ¼ small fennel bulb thinly sliced (top fronds & bottom of bulb trimmed)
- ¼ cup yellow pepper chopped
- ¼ cup red pepper chopped
- ¼ sweet onion thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 cup cooked whole grain sorghum (we used Wondergrain)
- ¾ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced to taste
- 1 small lime juiced (add half of the lime juice taste the dressing then add lime juice to taste)
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil finely chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl whisk together the lime juice, olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the kale, fennel, peppers and the onion in the prepared marinade and just moisten, don't drench the kale. Refrigerate at least 2 hours prior to serving.
- Mix the kale, fennel, peppers, onion and cooked whole grain sorghum in a separate bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ingredients of the salad dressing.
- Add ¼ cup of salad dressing and toss to combine (store extra dressing in refrigerator)
Serving size: 1 cup (with marinade), Calories: 337 calories, Fat: 17 grams, Saturated fat: 3 grams, Unsaturated fat: 2 grams, Sugar: 5 grams, Sodium: 68 milligrams, Fiber: 2 grams, Protein: 3.4 grams
This recipe was provided by Wondergrain Sorghum.
Triad to Wellness has provided nutrition communication services to Wondergrain. However, we were not compensated for this post. All opinions are our own.