Enjoy our kale, fennel and sorghum salad for a delicious & nourishing lunch or dinner.
Kale, Fennel and Sorghum Salad
- [b]For the Marinade[/b]
- 1 small lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- [br][b]For the Salad[/b]
- 2 cups of kale finely chopped
- 1/4 small fennel bulb thinly sliced (top fronds & bottom of bulb trimmed)
- 1/4 cup yellow pepper chopped
- 1/4 cup red pepper chopped
- 1/4 sweet onion thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 cup [b]cooked[/b] whole grain sorghum (we used Wondergrain)
- [br][b]For the Salad Dressing[/b]
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced to taste
- 1 small lime juiced (add half of the lime juice taste the dressing then add lime juice to taste)
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil finely chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
[b]Marinating kale & vegetables (optional) [/b]
For the marinade:
- In a medium bowl whisk together the lime juice, olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the kale, fennel, peppers and the onion in the prepared marinade and just moisten, don’t drench the kale. Refrigerate at least 2 hours prior to serving.
[br][b]For the Salad:[/b]
- Mix the kale, fennel, peppers, onion and[b] cooked[/b] whole grain sorghum in a separate bowl.
[br][b]For the Salad Dressing[/b]
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ingredients of the salad dressing.
- Add 1/4 cup of salad dressing and toss to combine (store extra dressing in refrigerator)
This salad is good the following day. The kale will not wilt and the sorghum will not be soggy. Keep extra salad dressing for another day!
Serving size: 1 cup (with marinade), Calories: 337 calories, Fat: 17 grams, Saturated fat: 3 grams, Unsaturated fat: 2 grams, Sugar: 5 grams, Sodium: 68 milligrams, Fiber: 2 grams, Protein: 3.4 grams
This recipe was provided by Wondergrain Sorghum.
Triad to Wellness has provided nutrition communication services to Wondergrain. However, we were not compensated for this post. All opinions are our own.