Nourish your body with one bowl! Filled with nutrient-rich grilled vegetables, beans, seeds and whole grains – this Nourish Bowl has 18 grams of protein and 13 grams of fiber!
The sesame and lemon flavor of the Tahini dressing, complements the grilled vegetables and whole grains. Tahini is made of lightly roasted and milled sesame seeds making it a spreadable sesame seed butter. Sesame seeds are an outstanding source of copper, manganese, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, iron, zinc, molybdenum, vitamin B1, selenium and fiber. This dressing will keep in a sealed container for 3-5 days in the refrigerator, so go ahead and make a double batch!
Get creative with this Nourish Bowl – add your favorite vegetables, nuts, seeds and whole grains. It’s a great addition to your weeknight menu and it’s a perfect Meatless Monday meal!
Grilled Veggie Nourish Bowl
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large zucchini, sliced ¼ inch thick
- 2 medium yellow squash, sliced ¼ inch thick
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons shelled hemp seeds
- 1½ cups whole grain sorghum, cooked (or other whole grain – freekeh, brown rice or quinoa)
- ⅓ cup tahini
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sorghum syrup or maple syrup
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon water
- Prepare grill on medium to medium-low heat. Using ½ teaspoon olive oil, lightly grease grill grate with a wire-bristled brush.
- In a large plastic resealable bag, place sliced zucchini, yellow squash, remaining olive oil, sea salt and pepper. Seal bag and shake well to coat the zucchini and yellow squash.
- Stack grape tomatoes on skewers.
- Grill the zucchini, yellow squash, and tomatoes for 3 minutes, flip vegetables and grill an additional 3-4 minutes or until tender and lightly browned (grape tomatoes may cook faster than other vegetables.) Remove from heat and set vegetables aside.
- In a small bowl prepare dressing – add Tahini, garlic, ginger, lemon juice and sorghum syrup, mix together well. Add water and whisk until emulsified.
- In 4 bowls, evenly distribute sorghum to the bottom of the bowl and top with grilled zucchini, yellow squash, tomatoes, chickpeas, and hemp hearts.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons of the Tahini dressing over vegetables.
Triad to Wellness provides nutrition consulting for the Sorghum Checkoff Program. However, we were not compensated for this post. All opinions are our own.
Serving size: 2 cups, Calories: 495 calories, Fat: 20 grams, Saturated fat: 3 grams, Carbohydrates: 60 grams, Sugar: 13 grams, Sodium: 220 milligrams, Fiber: 13 grams, Protein: 18 grams