Our sinfully delightful gluten-free brownies will have your taste buds singing in no time! These tasty goodies are made from sorghum syrup, which is a natural sweetener made from 100% pure, natural juice extracted from sorghum cane. Unlike sugar, Sorghum Syrup has some nutritional value containing manganese, vitamin B-6, potassium, iron and calcium, which makes it a better alternative to add in your desserts. So go ahead try these out over the weekend–we can promise you won’t be disappointed!
Decadent Gluten Free Brownies
- 6 ounces dark chocolate 85%, chopped
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- ¼ cup sorghum flour
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup sorghum syrup
- ¼ cup raw sugar
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon confectionary sugar
- Raspberries to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on all sides to easily lift the brownies out of the pan.
- In a double boiler over medium heat, add chopped dark chocolate and butter. Stir until melted and mixture is smooth. Remove chocolate mixture to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, cacao powder, baking powder, and salt. Set flour mixture aside.
- In a medium bowl, add eggs, sorghum syrup, raw sugar, & vanilla extract. Beat with an electric mixture at medium-high speed for approximately 6 minutes or until the mixture is a golden color and thick. Reduce speed to low and slowly add flour mixture until combined. With a rubber spatula, fold in the chocolate mixture.
- Pour batter into lined baking pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the pan comes out clean. The top of the brownies will be cracked.
- Let brownies cool and cut into 16 pieces. Sprinkle confectionary sugar over brownies using a sifter. Garnish with raspberries (optional)
Serving size: 1 brownie, Calories: 130, Fat: 8 grams, Saturated fat: 1.5 grams, Carbohydrates: 10 grams, Sugar: 6 grams, Sodium: 85 milligrams, Fiber: 2 grams, Protein: 2.5 grams
Triad to Wellness has provided nutrition communication services to The Sorghum Checkoff. However, we were not compensated for this post. All opinions are our own. Samples were provided to create this recipe.