Indulge your sweet tooth with this healthier version of a banana split. To save on calories and fat content, replace the traditional ice cream component with cottage cheese, which adds creaminess and a fun, healthy twist! In fact, 1/2 cup cottage cheese provides 13 g of protein to leave you satisfied for under 300 calories. The bananas and strawberries used in this recipe also add to the fiber content, which totals at 9 g per serving. That’s almost half of the daily value needed for fiber intake! There is also 46% of the daily value from Vitamin C present, so go ahead and enjoy this delectable dessert while still keeping your nutrition on point.
Cottage Cheese Banana Split
- 1 banana
- ½ cup Daisy Cottage Cheese
- ¼ cup sliced strawberries
- 1 Tbsp blueberries
- ½ Tbsp chopped walnuts
- Peel banana and slice lengthwise. Place in a shallow bowl or on a small plate.
- Slice strawberries into halves. Mix with blueberries in a small bowl to make a berry mix.
- Using a large spoon, layer ½ cup of cottage cheese in between the banana slices. Layer the berries on top of the cottage cheese.
- Sprinkle on walnuts.
Serving size: 1 banana split Calories: 270 calories, Saturated fat: 1 gram, Carbohydrates: 42 grams, Fiber: 9 grams, Protein: 13 grams
Triad to Wellness has provided nutrition communication services to Daisy Brand. However, we were not compensated for this post. All opinions are our own.