- 1 can of chickpeas (BPA free can)
- 3 T mayonnaise or vegan mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup celery, chopped small
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- ½ lemon squeezed
- Cracked black pepper & sea salt to taste
- 1/4 cup almonds chopped (for additional calories, fiber & protein)
- Rinse the chickpeas well and drain. Place Chickpeas into a large bowl.
- Mash the chickpeas using a potato masher or the back of a spoon until chickpeas are crumbly.
- Add celery, onion, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard and squeeze ½ lemon into chickpea mixture.
- Mix well season with salt & pepper
- Serve with sliced cucumbers & other veggies (or whole wheat bread for additional calories)
350 calories, 15 grams fat, 320 milligrams sodium, 5 grams fiber, 1 gram sugar, 7 grams protein (excludes bread & almonds- whole wheat bread for a sandwich will add approximately 220 calories and almonds will provide an additional 65 calories, 1.5 grams fiber & 2.5 grams protein)