What better way to start your weekend than with our decadent Almond Granola Cups? These delicious, gluten free treats are perfect for a lazy Saturday morning or even for a mid-day snack, as they are full of rich whole grains, spicy cinnamon, thick sorghum syrup, and tasty coconut flakes. They also have hemp hearts, which provide a rich nutty flavor and tender crunch. Hemp Hearts are rich in vitamins, minerals and fiber, and contain 10 grams of protein and 10 grams of omegas per 30 gram serving (3 tablespoons), so adding these to your baking routine is a great way to pack a nutritious boost! So go ahead and make these healthy, yet indulgent, treats part of your weekend–we certainly hope that these help your weekend get off to an amazing start.
*Don’t forget to cook these at a lower temperature because it will help set the granola set and make the shape more stable!
Almond Granola Cups
- 1 ½ cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup hemp hearts
- ⅓ cup shredded coconut
- ¾ teaspoon almond extract
- ½ cup almond butter
- 2 Tablespoons sorghum syrup or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 340 °F
- Lightly grease a 12 cup muffin tin.
- In a medium size bowl, mix all dry ingredients together. Set aside.
- In another medium sized mixing bowl, combine all wet ingredients and add to dry ingredients.
- Add ¼ cup of the dough to each greased muffin tin.
- Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes so the dough will bind, then use the back of a teaspoon to gently press against the bottom and sides of each cup.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Let sit for 30 minutes, and then gently remove them from the muffin tin with a butter knife.
- Serve with fresh berries, non-fat greek yogurt, or another topping of your choice.
If you have a tree nut allergy use sunflower seed butter instead of almond butter and use vanilla extract instead of almond extract.
Add your favorite yogurt and fruit for a delicious, breakfast, snack or dessert.
Calories: 190 calories, Fat: 12 grams, Saturated fat: 3 grams, Carbohydrates: 15 grams, Sugar: 3 grams, Sodium: 50 milligrams, Fiber: 4 grams, Protein: 7 grams, Cholesterol: 0 milligrams
Triad to Wellness has provided nutrition communication services to Sorghum Checkoff and Manitoba Harvest. However, we were not compensated for this post. All opinions are our own.