We love this super easy Almond Crusted Chicken for busy weeknights! It’s an uncomplicated meal to put together, and it’s a recipe that’s high in protein and full of flavor. While chicken is delicious and nutritious on its own, adding almond meal is a great way to up the protein content, while still providing a low carbohydrate and sugar content. Studies have examined the fact that almonds may contain cholesterol-lowering effects, due to the vitamin E and monounsaturated fats present in them. Almonds are also rich in magnesium and potassium, which make them ideal to incorporate into your daily diet! So go ahead and try out our tasty recipe—it’s a delicious dinner option that will hopefully win your entire family over.
Almond Crusted chicken
- 1lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- ½ cup + 2 teaspoons almond meal
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ - ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Parchment paper or cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375° F
- Slice chicken breasts into long strips, 1-2″ wide.
- In a small bowl lightly beat the egg with 1 tablespoon of water.
- In a separate bowl, mix together almond meal, paprika, garlic, pepper, sea salt & cayenne pepper (optional).
- Dredge chicken pieces in egg & water mixture, and then coat the chicken pieces with the almond mixture.
- Place on parchment paper lined cookie sheet or lightly grease a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown and internal temperature of 165°F.
You can dip almond crusted chicken into your favorite hot sauce or barbecue sauce, which complements the chicken well. When using parchment paper, you do not need to add oil and the cleanup is easier.
Serving size: ¼ lb Calories: 270 Fat: 18 grams Saturated fat: 3 grams Carbohydrates: 5 grams Sugar: 1 gram Sodium: 368 milligrams Fiber: 3 grams Protein: 25 grams Cholesterol: 95 milligrams